Tuesday, October 25

On the Nest

After trying to have baby # 4 for a year and half our prayers have been answered and I found out in a rather unusual way that I am pregnant.   

I went to the insta-care because I had a cough headed towards pneumonia.  It was right after the business of JJ’s baptism so I was not taking care of myself the way I should have.  My cough was so bad they ordered a chest x-ray.  However when I went to sign the x-ray release form I realized that I was late.  They had to make sure I was not pregnant before the could do the x-ray.  The doctor came back in and surprise!! My test was positive.  It was a moment to remember- me sitting in the insta-care bawling my eyes out while the astonished doctor quips "wow you are pretty excited?" Excited couldn’t even begin to describe it.  The doctor gave me a half hug and left me to call Burke.  Choking back tears I told him the good news. He was thrilled then asked “but what are they going to do about your cough if you can’t have an x-ray.?”  I had to laugh.  “Who cares we are having a baby!!!” 

We shared the good news with the girls by gifting Biddy the “you’re a big sister book”.  Grandma Johnson and Aunt Angie were still in town and they got it right away.  It took the girls a bit longer. JJ was excited once she understood what was happening but Zana looked concerned. 

“We are having a baby.  What do you think about that?” I asked

“No” she shouted “No I am not.”  I tried not to laugh and responded in all seriousness. “You are right.  You are not having a baby Mommy is having a baby. Ok?” 

“That is good.  I can’t have a baby I am not old enough yet.” 

Glad we got that all cleared up. 

Burke was so excited he posted our news on face book unbeknownst to me.  Luckily we had already told our immediate family but I was not prepared for hundreds of our friends and acquaintances to know I was Prego at only six weeks!  I was mad for a while but had to forgive him when I read the post.  It was pretty darn funny. . .

The book of Burke Chapter 1, verses 1-3.
1. And it came to pass that the Man did look upon his tent and all that he possessed and was well pleased. He possessed much, including a woman and three female off spring. Yet he desired to increase his posterity, therefore he did descend upon the woman and she did conceive a child. The Lord did say unto him that 8 months hence a child shall be born unto him, yet he did not know if this child should be man-child or woman-child.
2. The Man did think unto himself that he did now possess sufficient woman seed and desired a man-child. He desired to teach unto the man-child the ways of the NFL and Craftsman tools.
3. If his woman does bear a 4th woman-child, the Man shall descend into his cave to seek refuge from the unrest that will ensue when his seed shall transition into their young woman years.

Everyone loved his post and I know that boy or girl he is going to love the new baby to pieces.  Once again I am humbled to have the opportunity to raise another one of Heavenly Father’s precious children.  I can’t wait for June 16th and the arrival of baby #4!!! 

1 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE his post it is so great! Congrats!