Monday, March 11

9 Months

IMG_2278

Can you blame us for loving this girl!! She is such a joy.  The Bellie is growing up before our eyes and we are soaking up every minute.   She is going to be climbing the stairs in no time.

IMG_2284

Our girl rarely stays in on place for long so it is almost impossible to get a good picture of her.  I had to physically hold her legs down on the couch to get this shot and it is still a little blurry.

IMG_2281

When she does sit still she sits with her legs in a split position. I think she sits that way because it makes getting to a crawling position faster.  

  IMG_2223

Or she could be preparing for life as a ballerina.  Look at the perfect stretch.

IMG_2225

  I have never been a big health nut but after raising a carbohydrate monster like Biddy I decided things would be different for The Bellie. She was going to eat her fruits and veggies and love it!   I found a website that talked about letting babies feed themselves a balanced array of an array of fruits, veggies, protein and whole grains. No baby food, baby cereals, baby puffs, rice mums, yogurt melts. And I am proud to say that I have not bought a single jar of baby food, nor do I spend hours making it. For the most part she feeds herself   The only grain based carbs she eats are a few cheerios. Her favorites include slices of avocado, bananas, and pears.  She chews on snap peas, broccoli crowns and green beans.  Chicken , meatballs, hot dogs and beans round out her protein. Lately I we have tried pieces of cherry tomatoes, grapes blueberries, strawberries and tomato soup.  She loves it all and I feel so good about feeding her such healthy natural foods.   

IMG_2172IMG_2254

 

We sure do love our girl!

IMG_2177

1 comments:

Melanie said...

such adorable pics!! I love that you called Biddy a carbohydrate monster!! Too funny. And way to go feeding the baby! awesome! love you.