Tuesday, August 12

Welcome Liddy Ann Johnson

Born Tuesday August 12th at 11:13 AM 8lb 2 oz 21" long

We are so excited to have Liddy join our family at last. After waiting three extra days my contractions finally started progressing at 1:30 AM. We dropped the girls off at our good friends the Brimhals and arrived at the hospital at 7:20. Dr. Damour broke my water around 9:30 and said she would see my in an hour or so I was at a seven and Liddy was ready! This took me by surprise because I was expecting an epidural to help me in hard labor. I had to brave the tough contractions for a while until the anesthesiologist could make it. The doula Karen, and Burke were indispensable during my hour of "real labor". I can now truly give respect to any women who has her baby naturally. At 10:30 I received an entrathecal which is administered like an epidural but instead of a drip of medicine that remains it is only given once and then removed. I was right at my breaking point which I discovered is an eight in dialation, 100 effacement with the baby in station 1. Needless to say I was relieved when it took well and I was able to sail through the last contractions and two pushes with little pain. Liddy was actually facing upwards( the wrong direction) and turned while she was crowning to come out face down. Her sweet little face bears the marks of my posterior labor. The pediatrician was on hand to help with the meconium and she was screaming within seconds. I got to hold her soon after and she was ready to nurse. She is already a pro. After her bath and documentation we moved to the recovery room where I took a nap while Burke went to go get the girls. Susanna did not hesitate to climb right up and examine her new sister. Jennah was a little more cautious and preferred to watch. I am feeling great and thanks to our world of technology I am actually posting this blog from my hospital bed while little Liddy sleeps like and angel in her bassinet. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers and thank our Father in Heaven for this little miracle that has joined our family. What a blessing to have a beautiful and healthy baby.

We love you all and miss you more than we can express.
































8 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Corrine- Congratulations! i am glad all went well. And the Liddy is here. totally will send at least a card! maybe i will send it to your mom and dad's and then they can forward it to you or something. Anyhow what a blessing these precious children are! i remember the day when my little niece Kayla was born- Last July- and when i went to the hospital with Big Brother Dakota to see her for the very first time and i remember watching one of her very first bath's, having her little footprints taken. These times are so precious! she was born via c-section at or when my sis in law was 37 1/2 weeks. Anyhow probably way to much info. But, what a awesome day to be born. Now she will share a birthday with her great uncle Larry! Congrats and i look forward to seeing more pictures and updates! Loves,
Heidi

Keri said...

She is adorable!! Congrats on little Liddy! How exciting!

Cami said...

Little Liddy is beautiful, even with her battle wounds from turning. I'm so sorry you had to endure posterior hard labor without drugs, even for an hour (both of mine were posterior and I had drugs and it still was terrible). But she's here, healthy, and your family is that much more complete now. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

wow! she is beautiful! i am very proud of you for taking the pain like a true woman!! love her name! very unique! i hope recovery goes well and that you can enjoy your three princesses! we are having a boy! we are so excited! i think we are going to name him collin roger! anyway, i miss you like crazy and i wish i could be there to hold liddy! talk to you soon! love ya!

Janalee said...

CONGRATS!! Three girls in a row! Burke is sooo lucky. I bet it took longer to go into labor because she was turned a little... but glad it all went well. Just so you know, you would've lived without the pain medicine, I promise! But for your sake, I'm glad you got it :)

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations on another beautiful girl!

Missy said...

Corinne, she is so beautiful and chubby! My babies are always skinny. :) I love her name, too. New babies are so wonderful and fun and crazy and tiring. Enjoy it!

The Henrich Family said...

Congratulations Corinne & Burke!