Monday, September 29

Small Miracles

Liddy Ann is a very complicated baby. She has a sweet spirit but she is tormented by a miserable baby body. Foremost she has Gastro-esophagal reflux disease (acid reflux for babies). When the acidic milk refluxes back into her esophagus there is nothing you can do to calm her. As Burke puts it she cries like you are ripping out her toenails. In addition she is suffering from lactose overload which causes painful cramps, bloating, gas, and explosive watery green bowl movements. Needless to say her first weeks here on earth have been very trying for all of us. I have been determined not to give up and keep trying each day to find new ways to help her be happy. She is on Prevacid, for the reflux, gas drops, and I have given up dairy products completely. I am also following a new nursing routine which helps ease the gas. I have started to see little miracles.....

Smiles



Check out the double dimples

Falling asleep all by herself ( She slept six hours last night!)


Being happy for more then 5 minutes on her own






Tolerating her sisters "playing" with her






A clean kitchen....




Well she isn't doing that good, Yet!

Now that I think about it these aren't small miracles. Going from miserable all the time to happy some of the time is a HUGE Miracle. One that I am truly grateful for.


My Sweet Liddy Ann

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh Corinne! It sounds so similar to Ezra's first few weeks! He has gotten better thank goodness! All three of my kids had reflux Isabelle was on previcid and both Bridgette and Ezra were on Zantac. We took Bridgette to a gastrointerologist (SP?) and he recommended changing to Zantac because the previcid didn't seem to work and it really made a world of difference. Just a suggestion! Maybe you could ask your DR. Good Luck!

Tiffany said...

Oh, she is so sweet. 6 hours at night! WAHOOO! That is something to celebrate. I hope things continue to get better!

Janalee said...

what perspective... thanks for sharing, Corinne! What a sweet sacrifice to make your baby happy. Good luck!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

What a beautiful baby! good luck with everything. Loves, Heidi Richhart

Natalie Sue said...

Oh these poor little babies! It's got to be so rough. And such an exhausting time for mom and dad. Don't worry about the kitchen! You are amazing with all you are doing for her! Those are little miracles. It's so nice when things start to gradually get better! She is adorable!
Thanks for commenting on my blog too! I love to check yours out.. usually I am holding a baby and don't always get to comment. But it's fun keeping updated!

Lindsey said...

You are constantly in my prayers. i can't wait to meet this little one. Yes a huge miracle. working with sick kids everyday helps me appreciate any problems that are fixable! I love you and we need to talk soon...i will call once school and work slow down enough for me to breath.

Melanie said...

We went through the same thing with Ethan. I'm a huge fan of Zantac! Good luck!