Monday, June 22

First Bike

Here are some pictures of J....h riding her first Bike. Our wonderful neighbors Bonnie and Rick gave J....h their daughter's old Barbie bike and it couldn't be more prefect. She is excited to learn how to ride without training wheels so she can go to the store and pick out any new bike that she wants.

Help!! How do I stop this thing?!

I think those training wheels are going to be on for a while. Once the camera stopped J....h took her first tumble and scraped her elbow. It took a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and bike gloves to convince her that her bike was safe and if she fell it wouldn't hurt so much. Right now we are averaging a ten minute bike ride, with Mommy by her side, once a week.
I did not learn to ride my bike until I was eight. My Mom had to lock the door to the house and declare that we were not going inside until I learned to ride my bike!!! After hours of tears, numerous scrapes and far too much drama I finally got it. I think J....h is going to need similar encouragement and I sure wish Grandma were around to lend me her iron will!!!

3 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Cute bike! i love barbie!

Joela said...

There sure is a difference between boys and girls! Kasey was riding a 2 wheeler before he turned 3 - he scared me to death but he was great on it! Good luck and keep on bikin!!

Kellie said...

That makes me feel good that my child isn't the only one that can't ride a bike. Isabelle just doesn't have the coordination to figure out the pedals!