Thursday, February 25

Freezing

I noticed the oil was getting a little low beginning of the week and scheduled a delivery. Burke was working in Florida for three days so we didn't use the wood stove. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes. I realized a little too late that I had used all the oil in the tank and once the delivery was made the house was not getting warm. In fact the temperature kept dropping. When I went to do the dishes I had no hot water! When the tank runs out of oil the pump has to be primed so the new oil can start moving into the furnace again. If I had known the oil guy could have primed the tank when he made the delivery. Now it would cost a small fortune to have him come back and do it. So after forwarding several DIY articles to Burke I am bundled up waiting for my strong handy man to come home and get us some heat!!! I will let you know if he is successful. Until then I am going to make some hot chocolate.

8:40 pm
Burke has added a new skill to his repertoire. So the next time you forget to get oil in time give him a call and save some money. I am going to sleep warm tonight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love the whole oil system in MA? lol
~bryanna