Monday, August 22

Back to School

 

100_7001100_7002

It is a very eventful school year for us.  Zana is starting Kindergarten!!!  She is very excited. It has taken a lot of work to prepare her for Kindergarten but all our efforts have paid off.  She is ready to take this big step. 

100_7007100_7009

JJ is in second grade.  This year she is most excited about her new shoes. They are just like Twinkle Toes and even light up. Of coarse JJ knows that they are better then Sketchers because we paid a lot less for ours.  We are sooo “tricky”.   We got them at the beginning of the summer hoping that her feet would grow but alas they did not. She had to wear her old sneakers the first day.   I had to do a little chasing around to find a pair in her size but I did and on the second day she had her cool new shoes.   

100_7004100_7005

Zana was all gung ho about riding the bus to school the first day. My plan was to drop Biddy of at a sitters then meet the girls at school to walk Zana to class.  We all waited at the bus stop but it never came.  I ended up driving the girls to school. It turns out that they moved all the bus times up by fifteen minutes.  I was not happy about this since the bus came at 6:37 last year.  6:22 was out of the question so they never do get to ride the bus to school.  Burke drops them off at school on his way to work at 6:45.  It is still an early morning since they have to wake up at 6:10  but they are adjusting.  

100_7010100_7012

The girls eat breakfast at school every morning and I got to help Zana the first morning.  She did great with her first cafeteria experience.  JJ went with another teacher to find her class and I walked Zana to Kindergarten.  We stood outside for a minute and checked out the classroom.  When I asked her what she thought she replied “It looks good”  phew.  Then we went in and met Mrs. E.  She is an experienced Kindergarten teacher and was very warm and friendly.  Zana found her name on her desk right away and then found her cubby and back pack hook.  After putting everything away she sat down at her desk and set to work writing her name.  She tends to write her letter S backwards. She wanted to do it perfect today and panicked.  I helped her know that she needed to raise her hand for help and when she did Mrs. E came right over.  Zana was still too nervous to talk to her but I explained about the S.  She drew a tracing S for Zana on the paper and that made her smile.  She knew that her teacher would help her.  From there it was smooth sailing and I left her with a big smile.  I knew she would be just fine.  I didn’t even get teary. We are both ready for this next step.  

I stopped by JJ’s class to drop of her school supplies and quickly meet her teacher.  She was very nice and organized.  She said that JJ came in with a smile, set to quickly to work and knew her bus number and school ID  number.  She made a good impression on her teacher and a great start to 2nd grade.  I left the school with a smile on my face and a spring in my step.  I love my girls so much. I know they are going to have a great school year. 

2 comments:

Kellie said...

That is funny Isabelle is obsessed with Twinkle toes also. I found them for $11 @ ross but they don't light up! Where did you get your "tricky" ones?

Corinne said...

Kohls Where else!