Monday, August 15

Perfect Timing

My youngest sister had her baby girl while we were in UT.  It was such a wonderful experience for me.  I moved to MA before all of my nephews were born and have subsequently missed every one of their births.  Going to the hospital and holding a brand new baby…one who is actually part of my family is a new experience. My new niece will always have a special place in my heart.  I don’t think I will ever forget her birthday because meeting her was a lot different then getting a text message photo and then holding back the tears as I have to continue to go about the normal business of my day.  They say that sometimes it is better to not know what you are missing but in this case knowing her will make the births of my future nieces and nephews all the sweeter.  Now I know what it feels like and can imagine that I have that love and connection with each and every one of them.

IMG_2131IMG_4778

The day before we left home the girls spent the morning with Grandma preparing a special basket filled with home made goodies.  It was a special time with Grandma that they will treasure.  That evening we paid our new niece a visit at her home.  The girls got to hold her and give her lots of love.   

100_6941100_6945100_6948

100_6952100_6947

My sister and had so much fun making the bedding for her nursery.  We picked out the fabric over the internet and decided on the style we wanted.  Then I got to have the fun task of sewing it all together.  It turned out so cute! 

100_6956100_6958100_6959100_6960

100_6962

3 comments:

ellen said...

I love the photos!

Karen said...

I just read Lindsey's blog about her new baby! How funny. What a fun time for your family.

The Henrich Family said...

how wonderful for you to be there with your sister, congrats! I miss you. Your girls are so darling.