Wednesday, September 14

School Open House

We had a wonderful time at the girl’s open house at school. 

Zana gave us a wonderful tour of her classroom. She seems to like school especially drawing in her journal.  The other day she told me that she drew a perfect rainbow with all the colors just the way the teacher said they were supposed to be. Zana has gotten a green card for good behavior every day.

 100_7049100_7050

Her teacher says she is wonderful and Zana seems to like her teacher in return. She loves music, art and doing stretches in gym.  Zana can almost do the splits. She did not like the computer lab at all but is working on being brave.   Zana is slowly making friends but still gets “nervous” around everyone in class.  It may take some time to find the right friends but I know it will come along. I went to school and had lunch with her one day.  IIt was good for her to know that I am still going to be a part of her life at school. I look forward to my first parent volunteer assignment.  

100_7051100_7054

JJ thinks second grade is “easy peasy” and that is fine with me.  Her teacher is really great.  She use many techniques in her class that impressed me. She was very complimentary of JJ and said that students like her are the reason she comes to work every day.  “They make it all worth it!”  Her teacher told me about JJ’ class job.  She chose to be the class monitor.  When the teacher steps out of class for a moment JJ stands in front and marks down the kids who mis-behave.  Her teacher told me that at first the kids were mad that JJ was so good at her job.  They tried to say they weren’t talking but the she trusted JJ.  When they tried to bribe her she stayed loyal to her teacher. JJ  loves her job and gets a lot of satisfaction from doing it right.  She also earned the praise of her teacher who remarked “ She is one of the best ones I have ever had.”   

100_7053100_7052

I am so pleased with my girls first few weeks of school.  They are going to do Awesome!!

100_7055

0 comments: