Monday, April 26

Moving Again!

Burke and I are so excited to embark on a new adventure. After completing his MBA and selling our home we began applying for a job promotion at bases across the country. Many different opportunities came our way but the winner was San Antonio, Texas. Burke will be working at Randolph AFB in a two year, high profile, career broadening position. We hope this opportunity will move us down a path that leads to UT. We know that the Lord's Hand has been purposefully guiding our life and that this opportunity is a gift and blessing from him. I have felt the warm assurance of the Holy Ghost that this is where our family needs to be and that he will help me tackle the challenges associated with this move. It is humbling to be reminded of how much he cares for us and loves us.

He starts in the beginning of June so things are happening really fast. We will be taking a house hunting trip for single family rentals in a few weeks. I think my stress level would be off the charts if it weren't for the air force packing, loading, and unloading all of our possessions. I have to prepare for our cross country drive with the girls but that should be fun since we are stopping at Niagara Falls then touring the church history sites along the way.

Burke and I will miss New England and our ward family here. We have grown to love MA despite it's cold winters and exasperating politics:) I am sad to leave without making it to New York City and Burke is crushed that he didn't go to a Patriots game but other then that we feel ready to move on.

The girls are excited. Moving is second nature to them by now. When we sold the castle play house J..h understood perfectly that it just wouldn't fit on the truck. She was prepared to leave behind some of her toys but was relieved when we told her that there would be room for all of them. What a trooper! This will be our sixth move since she was born.

As for San Antonio we have heard wonderful things. It is hot and humid, but not as bad as Houston. We understand that it is quite green and has beautiful architecture and character in the older down town areas. I am going to brush up on my history of the early Spanish Missions and the Alamo. There is a Temple in San Antonio and the church membership is growing. I am looking forward to making new friends and serving in a new part of the Lords Vineyard.

So farewell Massachusetts and Hello Texas!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! That is soon! What a fun adventure for you guys. I can't believe that you guys have moved that many times since J was born. Thank goodness for modern technology so I can feel as if you never left! :) Congrats, Burke on the new job! And I hope you guys find a place easily. XOXO!

Pack N Pounce said...

I will miss you at girls camp! Enjoy Texas! I will be reading your blog to get updates on Texas in general. We've talked about moving there a few times.

Unknown said...

NO! (don't go!)
We love you so!
xo

Julie Moore said...

John's brother lived in San Antonio for four years and LOVED it. Congrats, we are excited for your new adventure!

Cami said...

Wow, Texas! I'm sure it will be a grand adventure. Good luck, and keep us all updated! :)