Thursday, June 10

Tuesday on the Road

Despite the rough ten hour drive today we were able to have some fun. These are the tender mercies I am so grateful for.

The "Jungle Hotel"

Our Embassy Suites outside Kirtland was a tropical paradise!

There was even a pond with
turtles that the girls could feed.




A Slide for Biddy

I was able to find a wonderful park just outside Columbus OH where we stopped for lunch. The slide was perfect for Biddy to climb up and go down all by herself. She is growing up so fast. I love watching her learn new things. She also learned how to walk of a curb all by herself while walking around outside at restaurants. We can't keep her sitting in the high chair for more then ten minutes. She could spend at least that long walking off the curb and then having me swing her back up so she can walk off again. She has had the hardest time on this trip so it makes me happy when I can help make her smile!

No Hotel Reservations
I must have forgotten to book the hotel in Champain IL because we got there at 9pm we did not have one. They were sold out for the night but the hotel in Nauvoo was available so we decided to just keep driving the last three hours to Nauvoo. The girls slept in the van and I kept Burke company while we drove till midnight. I was so glad we got to wake up the next morning and already be in Nauvoo.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your having so many adventures!! As much as we LOVED driving across country doing it three times in 3 months was too much! Kyler was your youngests age, it's a hard age to be in the car for so long. Don't miss the St.Louis Zoo!