Wednesday, August 11

Musical Wards

When we were house hunting in May I talked to several different Bishops and gave them all my address so I could figure out what ward we would be in. Several wards in our region changed their boundaries recently and a new ward was created. We were going to be in the new Converse ward. I was very excited and even talked to some of the Moms in that ward.

We attended our ward for the whole month of July singing in the choir, substituting in primary, helping people move in, volunteering to clean the church, hosting playgroup and picking next months book club novel. I was thrilled with how quickly we integrated into the ward and was excited about getting a calling until I found out that we did it all in the wrong ward!!!

It was the missionaries who figured it out when they came over for dinner . They showed me a map of our ward and sure enough we were one street north of the boundary. It took me a good hour of phone calls to the Stake Secretary- who wasn't sure, the Stake Clerk- who was sure it was UVC ward, the Bishop of the the UVC ward- who was sure it was Randolph Ward, and finally the Bishop of the Randolph Ward- who was positive we were in his ward.

We have to start all over again but I know we are were we are supposed to be and where the Lord needs us. This ward is also good for J..h since there will be other kids in primary that attend her school. Besides who can begrudge a second chance to make just the right first impression.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Does this still mean you get to do the co-op preschool with Susanna??

Unknown said...

Remember: EVERY ward needs a singing Sister Johnson!
:)