Monday, March 21

I’m Back

You may have noticed that I disappeared for a few months.  I am always busy but when I don’t have time to blog that means I am really, really, really busy!  Fortunately it was only temporary and as of 9:30 this morning( when my company drove away) things are back to normal…for now.  Enjoy all the catch up posts!

Savior of The World

Our Stake just finished it’s production of Savior of the World which is a musical that depicts the events surrounding the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I was fortunate to have a main role as one of the women who mourned the Savior at the tomb and then saw him after he was Resurrected. I had two children in the production about a dozen lines and even a one line solo.  This production reminded just how much I love the theater and was so grateful to work with such a dedicated and talented group of performers. It was a labor of love.  We started rehearsing the music in October and hit the stage in January.  In Feb I took over as co-publicity director and all our hard work really paid off.  We did four performances (including the dress rehearsal) and estimate that 1,700 people attended the show.  It was a wonderful experience and I am so grateful for the support from my hubbie.  He sacrificed a lot so that I could participate. 

100_5838100_5840

 

Girls Camp Seek Journey

In addition to the play I was asked to direct a spiritual experience for the young women at Girls Camp which took place over spring break.  It was so exciting to do something with the Young Women again and it was a great learning experience for me to work on a Stake level.  I organized a two hour event that used lighting, music, speakers, printed materials, and video to help 150 young women strengthen their testimony of the 13th article of Faith (this year’s youth theme).  It took hours and hours of preparation and I am so grateful for all the help I received.  It was truly inspiring to do this and I know it made a difference in many of these young women’s lives. Burke was a real trooper when went to the camp for the whole day while his mom and step dad where here visiting.  The only real disappointment I had was that it was a full moon so much of the effect from the black lighting was lost but overall it was a huge success.   It was another labor of love.  But I have learned over and over again that when you are doing service for the Lord it is always worth the sacrifice.  

1 comments:

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

That sounds so neat--would you want to share what you did? We're starting girls camp fun around here too--I'd love to see you idea, if you don't mind sharing! Welcome back!!