Tuesday, November 11

Mr. Mom

I recently started attending an 8:30 meeting every Sunday morning so Burke gets to be Mr. Mom and get all three girls fed, dressed and out the door on time for church. To my amazement Burke does a great job and is on time, if not early, every week. I started wondering if managing all three kids on my own was not as hard I seemed to believe. Last Sunday when Church started and Burke was no where in sight I knew he had finally hit a snag. I went out to the parking lot to wait for them and he arrived about ten minutes later looking a little flustered. I smiled knowingly and began helping him unload. When I inquired as to what happened I was shocked at his response"I left Liddy!" He got both the girls in the car drove all the way to the church, parked and was getting the girls out of the car when he realized he left the baby!!!!! He quickly drove back home (fortunately we only live 10 minutes from the church) where Liddy was lying happily in her crib talking to her guardian angels. I thought it was brave of Burke to even tell me! He had to know I would never let him live this one down. The next time I am late, leave my cell phone behind, misplace my keys or forget to pack diapers I can feel better knowing that at least I didn't forget the baby!

8 comments:

Joela said...

That's funny! Uncle Brent forgot Kyron once too. I had gone somewhere and he had all the kids. He'd decided to take them running errands and brought Mindy home half-way through to go babysitting. Then he left again and when he returned a short time later, Mindy was standing in the front yard with the baby!!!! OOOOPS! We all survived it!

Becky said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh. Jason and I got such a kick out of that story. I use to leave Jason alone with Amber when I went to work in the Summer. I would come home and the house was a mess but at least he had taken care of the baby. Now I can add to that, at least he didn't forget that he was taking care of the baby. We miss you guys! Tell Burke not to worry, we still think he is a great dad. Oh, and Jason said to tell Burke he got his Glock.

Kellie said...

Oh this story made me laugh! I think we all have moments like that so funny!

Lindsey said...

corinne! that rocks! i am still laughing and you write the stories so well always. i love catching up on you. Hope all is well.

Tiffany said...

Ha ha! I think we'll all have a story like that by the time we've raised our kids. Thank heavens for gaurdian angels!

Janalee said...

I'm so impressed that Burke has been that consistent! I mean, at least everyone was ready, just a matter of one little thing... :)

Laura said...

Hi! It's so great to see your family and catch up on your lives! I hope you don't mind me taking a look, I caught your blog through Tiffanys. Your family is beautiful and you look fantastic.

Melanie said...

That is a great story! I'm glad the baby didn't realize she was missed.