Saturday, May 9

Lindsey and James' Wedding


I was so excited when I learned that my Sister Lindsey was getting married. I was even more thrilled when she scheduled the wedding while I was in UT. Burke was still at SOS so we flew him out for the day. Literly he got in at 1:00 AM Saturday and flew out at 1:00PM on Sunday. It was a little crazy but we just could not pass up the opportunity for our entire family to be together in the Salt Lake Temple. The Temples are very special and sacred places because theay are truly the House of the Lord here on the Earth. Within the walls of the Holy Temple we join families together for Time and All Eternity by the power of the Holy Priesthood. My Grandfather is ordained as a Temple Sealer so he holds the very Priesthood that Jesus Christ held while on the earth. The Savior taught that with this power "whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew18:18) My Grandfather performed the ceremony that bound Lindsey and James together on earth and and in the heavens for all eternity. Because I was sealed to Burke in the Temple and my Parents and my Sisters and their Spouses were all sealed in the Temple we were able to share in the joy and peace of knowing that our entire family will be Together Forever.




After the Temple Ceremony we gathered on the lawn to marvel at the beauty of Temple Square, Rejoice with our Family and take lots and lots of Pictures.











Lindsey and James held their Wedding Dinner at the Officers Club at Fort Douglas. It was a lovely evening and we had a wonderful time visiting with our extended family and closet friends.


The girls had a fun time laughing with their cousins...


sharing in the spotlight ....
and playing "Bride"

It was a Beautiful Wedding

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

YEA LINDSEY!! Tell her congrats for me, though by the pics I can tell I'm a little late