Friday, May 22

Picnic in the Mountains

My Sister Jennie and I tried to spend as much time together as we could while I was visiting. She is truly my best friend and we have so much fun. It seemed like every other day we were getting together if only to just keep each other company as we chased the kids and folded our laundry. Once Burke arrived we thought it might be a good idea to mix it up a bit so we decided to head up to the Mountains for a picnic. With Burke coordinating the logistics and providing an extra pair of hands it proved to be a wonderful afternoon.


The Always Spectacular Rocky Mountains

Little Cotton Wood Canyon

This beautiful waterfall was the backdrop for our mountain picnic
Cooking Hot Dogs

Myles is on a no picture kick. This is what he does every time he sees a camera. He is sooo funny!

Sweet Baby Chase Sleeping the afternoon away

MMM Look'n Good

I had to take a picture of the first Camp Fire Hot Dog of the Season.
Oh it just makes my mouth water!!!!

Attack of the Marshmellow!!

Mom it has still got me!!!

Now here's a boy who knows how to tame a marshmallow

What could be better then a bottle in a camp chair?


Thunder clouds rolled in after lunch so the kids spent the rest of our mountain picnic in the van watching cartoons on the DVD player. We braved the rain to clean up and then hit the road.


All the way home we sang one of my favorite songs
"I love the mountains
I love the rolling hills
I love the fountains
I love the daffodils
I love the fireside when the lights are low
Boomdiada Boomdiada Boomdiada Boomdiay
Boomdiada Boomdiada Boomdiada Boomdiay
Boom, Boom, Boom"

0 comments: