Friday, December 26

Merry Christmas

Family and Friends,

We are having a wonderful Christmas Day filled with joy, love and fond memories of the times we have spent with all of you. This has been a wonderful year for our family.

We welcomed another girl into our lives and Liddy Ann is such a joy. She is 4 months old already and can roll over from her tummy to her back, is teething and will start eating solid food soon.

Susanna will be 3 in May and is a bundle of noise and energy. She loves to play with Jennah and thinks she is much older then she is, except where it comes to the potty. She does not like it and has only sat on it a handful of times. I am trying to be patient with her but I am tired of diapers. Wish us luck.

Jennah is 5 and loves to go to pre-school. Her favorite subject is art and she loves to play on the playground. This year she learned to pump so she can swing all by herself. She is a great helper and loves to help Mommy cook and set the table.

I have been busy being a Mom and running the Young Women's Program for our church. I have 18 girls ages 12-17. I plan weekly activities for them and organize lessons for Sunday. I have a committee of three wonderful ladies who help me and it is truly a joy to work with them and spend time with the young women. I also just finished producing a Messiah Concert for our community. Our Church sponsored the event and it was a great success. We had a guest pianist with a PHD in piano performance from Boston University accompany the choir. The Gardner News wrote a lead story for us and covered the concert as well. I loved singing in the choir and performing two solos. It truly made Christmas special this year to be involved in such a wonderful event.

Burke continues to be extremely busy at work. Gone are the days when I can ask him to stick around the house for a day to help me out. He even works on his comp days. We used some of his built up time to take a vacation to Palmyra New York, the birth place of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and are saving up the rest of the time for a few well deserved vacations next year. The good news is that the Colonel just signed off on his proposal for the Joint STARS program so they can start moving forward. Burke is doing amazing work for the Air Force and they really appreciate him. I appreciate him too. He is a wonderful husband and the best Daddy ever.

We had quite an adventure weathering the Ice Storm and losing power for six days. We feel especially blessed to spend this Christmas with light and warmth. May the light of Christmas fill your heart today. "The Lord is my Light and My Salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid...I will sing yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord. " Pslam 27

All our Love,
The Johnson Family
Burke, Corinne, Jennah, Susanna and Liddy Ann

0 comments: