Saturday, May 8

Friends

I am so blessed to have wonderful friends. Today should have been a really stressful day. I had to clean my house, go shopping, make a cake, wrap presents, host a birthday party and go to a baby shower. But it wasn't. I got to do all these things for my friends- the most wonderful mothers and grandmothers that I know. I knew they wouldn't expect perfection and that let me relax and enjoy myself rather then worrying that I wasn't doing everything just right. We spent the afternoon chatting rather then keeping kids entertained. Sure they ran a little wild but that was OK. My dear friends laughed at all my jokes, listened to all my stories, empathized with all my stresses and shared their own bits of wisdom and knowledge with me. I love them dearly and recognize how much the Lord has blessed me to have had friendships with these women. They have touched my life in more ways then they will ever know. I will miss them all very much but know we will always be friends.

0 comments:

Blog Archive