Sunday, May 9

Mothers Day Gift

As of today I own a little heart shaped locket. It is nothing fancy- it is not real gold, has no diamond accent, costs no more than five dollars at Walmart and has "Mom" cheesily inscribed on the front. It is a piece of jewelry I would never buy and would be embarrassed to wear. Yet today I wore this necklace with pride. It is a Mothers Day gift from my daughters. I know they spent much time and effort choosing just the right one to give to me. They were so excited to give it to me and they beamed with joy when I embraced their gift by clasping it around my neck and wearing it close to my heart. As I wore my necklace today the Lord impressed upon me the significance of their Mothers Day gift. My locket is a physical reminder of what it means to be a faithful Mother. My job is not glamorous, high paying, or intellectually stimulating. To the rest of the world my work is not "real" and even an embarrassment to my gender. Yet I am as priceless to the Lord as my locket is to me. He beams with joy as I embrace my divine role as a Mother and serve my family with all my heart. Each day as I wear my necklace I will be reminded not only of the love from my daughters and husband but the perfect love my Heavenly Father has for me- and that is the true Mothers Day Gift.

1 comments:

Kellie said...

So cute. I love this post you are such a sweet mom and what sweet girls!

Blog Archive