Tuesday, May 25

Jesse

I love dessert night with my friend Jesse. We started getting together once a month for dessert after the kids went to bed because we just couldn't seem to find enough time to chat while the kids played. They would finish playing and start tearing the walls down before Jesse and I had even gotten started. I am not writing this tonight as a farewell. Dessert night will continue it will just be long distance. I am not giving her up just because I am moving a thousand or so miles away. We will be friends for ever.
Jesse came into my life at a time when I was struggling with uncertainties in my parenting and was feeling very alone and lost. I know that the Lord has inspired and guided our friendship and I am so grateful to him for bringing Jesse into my life. I love her dearly and she has inspired me in so many ways to be a better mother, wife and friend. I can't begin to describe how many times we have shared conversations that have opened my mind to a new way of thinking about something. Her thoughts, insights and experiences have overflowed from our little converstations to bless my life and the lives of my children. She makes me a better person and I can't wait for next month. I am sure we will have more to talk about then time will allow but that is how it should be between forever friends.

2 comments:

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I have a friend like that in Houston--something in me tells me that we'll be friends forever and I'm hoping that in Heaven we get to be next door neighbors. Good luck with the move--saying good-bye to her (at least saying good-bye to the physical proximity) was, for me, the very hardest part about moving!

Jesse said...

I love you too, and I love this post!! (I'm just now getting to read it, while you're driving cross country). We will be forever friends. You have inspired me beyond anyone else I know and made me a better person too. I will truly miss seeing you, but I know we will stay in touch. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Blog Archive