Monday, May 24

Home is where your heart is

It was a pretty non-descript, lazy day today -S...a woke up at 5:30 am- but it was a blessing none the less to just hang out on the couch and watch Tinkerbell for the 100th time, play curious George on the computer, eat a corn dog for lunch and sit outside in the sun while the girls ran around. Burke grilled some chicken on the BBQ, mowed the lawn and we had family night. I didn't worry about unpacking, repacking, cleaning, and organizing our life so it will fit in my minivan. I realized today that I am going to miss just hanging at home. These lazy days are going to be gone for a while. Home is going to be a relative term. Something I am going to have to create out of a hotel room, KOA, minivan, airplane and Grandma's house. I just hope the saying is true -your home is where your heart is- because my heart lies with my family and they are going to be crammed in the minivan with me.

1 comments:

RaDawn said...

I remember well the days of transition. The house hunting, the packing the driving cross-country. Looking back it was all great stuff, and I miss it! Good luck with your move!

Blog Archive