Friday, May 28

Last day of work


Today was the last day of Burke's job. His work gave him this painting that represents what he has accomplished over the last 4.5 years. It has been a truly amazing journey for Burke one that I know has been guided and directed the the hand of the Lord.

When I met Burke he was going to be a mechanical engineer but one college semester of math and chemistry changed his mind. Besides Burke knew he did not want to be stuck in a cubie on a computer all day. He was working as a truck driver and warehouse worker at the time so he switched majors to busiess wih the goal of working in Logistics. After graduation he found a good job as trucking fleet manager. We bought a home and settled in for what we thought would be the rest of our lives. The problem was that Burke hated his job and the whole field of Logistics for that matter. He had a right too. It was very stressful and he put in very long hours for mediocre compensation. There was little room for promotion and the job he could eventually grow into was a job that Burke knew he did not want. We felt lost. Now what do we do? He was graduated but still had no idea what he wanted to be and how he was going to support our dreams of a large family. He spent countless hours job hunting and we uttered many heartfelt prayers to no fruiful end. I began to think that Burke's employment was going to be a trial and test for us. Everyone has a thier crucible and I had accepted that this would be ours. But then the Lord provided a miracle.

I still have extremely strong feelings of gratitude and humility when I think back on the day we got the job offer here in Boston. At the time I did not understand what the Lord had truly blessed us with. A job is one thing but he gave Burke his life's work. When we had no idea what Burke as going to be when he grew up, what would make him happy, utilize his strengths and talents and provide financially for our family the Lord knew all along. He knew that Burke would be an amazing program manager. He knew that working for the Air Force would make Burke happy and provide the rapid promotion that our family depends on. Burke was very worried about this job. Could he do it? Could he be what I and the Lord thought he could be? I get tears in my eyes when I see me dear husband come home at the end of the day happy, fulfilled and brimming with confidence. He is loved and appreciated by his co-workers and every day the work he does helps ensure the security of his family and country.

I know that moving to Texas is going to continue to bless Burke in his career in ways that I can not yet see. I am still overwhelmed by the Lords divine role in giving Burke his career and thank him every day for this blessing.

P.S. There are lots of references to Burke's life in the pic how many do you understand?

1 comments:

Heidi gail walls said...

Congratulations Corrinne and Burke! you will do awesome and real well in all you do.

Blog Archive