Sunday, July 25

Home Sweet Home

I hope you enjoy the “virtual” tour of our home.  We love it and are so excited to share these pics with you!

Built four years ago it is roughly 2800 sq. feet with no basement (no one has basements in TX).   

039 - CopyNeighbors to the Left…

035 - Copy

Neighbors to the Right…

036 - Copy 

Across the street. We are lucky not to have neighbors there… yet.

037 - Copy 

Through the front door is the…

038 - Copy 

…Living Room.

035

This was a former model home so all of the custom drapes stayed with the home.  Someone must have had very good taste when they chose them because the match all my furniture:)

029

We have a small landing at the front door that leads up the stairs.

031030 

The archway beautifully connects the living room with the…

026

…Family Room.

025 (The green looks very yellow in this picture but it is not really that color.  It has more taupe in it in person)

I set up my sewing machine in the corner and love having it the family space. Me next sewing project is pillows for the couch that match the beautiful drapes. 027 Another archway leads you to the Kitchen and Dining Room.

020

I love my Kitchen especially the island…

023

… and the desk.  The fridge has automatic ice and water which is a must have for the hot days in TX.

024 

The Dining Nook is a great space with large windows that look out into the backyard. Miraculously enough the drapes match my table linens perfectly.

021

The back doors lead out to…

 001

…The Patio.  It is covered so we enjoy most evening meals outdoors.

046 - Copy

Once again we are lucky to have no homes behind us leaving us with a sweeping view of the neighborhood and beyond to the Air Force Base(the white tower).

 049 - Copy

Our large (huge for TX) Backyard.

060 - Copy061 - Copy 

The pool set up is quite nice on those hot humid days. 

054 - Copy

Back inside we find the Laundry Room

 042 - Copy

…and Pantry of the kitchen.

040 - Copy

Through this room is the Garage in which we were able to squeeze both cars and…

043 - Copy

…Burke’s tools.  TaDa!

 045 - Copy

Now for the Upstairs.

There is a half wall at the top of the stairs which opens into to my favorite room in the house…

 077 - Copy

 

…The Play Room!

064 - Copy

Burke built some more custom shelving units for me and I love them!  The one in the middle is deep enough to house the baby toys that once had a home all over the floor.  The book shelves are from Walmart but they work great.

065

The crowning glory of my playroom is my new dress up closet.  I drew up the plans and Burke built it to my specifications.  024 - Copy

Now dresses and crowns have the perfect home and I will never trip over another plastic shoe again.

    025 - Copy027 - Copy 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even the wands and wings will keep from getting broken when stored properly in their places.

028 - Copy

Three bedrooms open up from the playroom/landing. 

The Spare Bedroom will someday (not any time in the next nine month I assure you) be a nursery.

055 

Biddy’s Room

018 - Copy

She still sleeps in her enormous big girl bed but it is just waiting to be turned over to Guests. The bed now sports a memory foam topper so it is oh so comfortable:)

022 - Copy

The Girls’ Room014 - Copy

I was thrilled when I saw the lovely buttercup yellow paint. Their room feels so sunny and cheerful.

011 - Copy

I am positive it helps them wake up happy every morning.

013 - Copy

I made sure their bathroom was bright and cheerful as well.  No grumpy faces at our house!

033 - Copy 032 - Copy

The other side of the upstairs boasts a “Master Suite” the likes of which I have never had before.  My furniture does not begin to fill it and the bare wall above my bed is screaming for a picture but…

041

the Walk In Closet is perfect and…

047

the Master Bath is to Die for!

046

I have yet to soak in my garden tub but just having one makes me giddy.

050

Yes I must admit that I LOVE having a master suite.

053

So that is home here in TX.  I hope that this little tour helps you picture our life here. We feel so extremely blessed to be able to live in such a lovely home and have such wonderful opportunities.  The Lord is taking care of us better then we ever could have imagined. We love all of you and miss you so much.  If you ever find yourself close know that our home is your home and we love to share.  

039 - Copy

 

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Beautiful home Corinne. I think I might have just the thing for that bare spot above your bed!

Jennie Fife said...

It is perfect! I can't believe the paint colors, they really are what I would choose. You found a great place, I am so happy for you to have a home so nice and comfy. You deserve it.

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

Oh, it makes me home-sick for Texas!! When we build, we're building a Texas style home--they are beautiful!! It looks perfect, and what a cool thing that everything already matches! Perhaps we will have to come and visit! :) Congrats!

jewels ghouls said...

Hi Corinne
WOW WOW WOW!!! your new home is fabulous I love the dress up closet brilliant! The other rooms are so beautiful. Pioneer Day sounded so fun. I am so happy for you. What a delightful adventure you are on