Monday, July 26

Pioneer Day

Our Stake has a 24th of July festival and when the girls found out they were so excited to dress up like pioneers to celebrate.  Usually I am too busy to think about sewing clothes for my girls but the blessing of no friends and no callings is that I get to say “Yes” to my girls all the time and I like that. 

I dug through my fabric and found a few yards of a  Walmart Clearance print that I bought for some unknown project years ago. Paired with an old white sheet I have to say their outfits turned out well.

009

I sewed the skirt and aprons from my own imagination but I did use a “no pattern” bonnet tutorial from a great website. 

004 - Copy003 - Copy

I knew a bonnet and apron would be wasted on Biddy so I made her some bows instead. 

011

The girls felt so special all dressed up for Pioneer Day and now we have a new addition to our dress up wardrobe as well. 

 001002 

The festival was so fun.  There were lots of activities for the kids.

005004 

They had burger and hotdogs on the house and the girls helped me make a pie to add to the spread.  I had the most heavenly strawberry rhubarb pie and the girls’ outfits gave lots of people the excuse to come talk to me so I made some new friends.  We had a great Pioneer Day.

2 comments:

Christina said...

These are so cute! I am so impressed. But you never cease to amaze me! You house is GORGEOUS! I love it! I'm glad things are going well for you in TX. BTW, I love the dress-up closet Burke made! What a team you two are! :)

Unknown said...

Emily P told me about your pioneer day clothes... SO cute!