Saturday, July 17

Utah Highlights

I wish I took more pictures of our two plus weeks with family in UT.  We had so much fun with Burkes Family swimming, playing at Grandma Johnson’s and having sleepovers with cousins.

We went camping with my family.   

  222

Thanks John. The tent trailer was awesome!!

 224 226 228 231  235 237 238 239  240241

Fun at Hoggle Zoo

243 244 253 256  259 260   264 266 267 268 270

The Girls love their Great Grandma and Grandpa Craven.  We spent the afternoon baking cookies, playing silly games and dancing the “skinamarinki dinky dink”… all the things I did with Grandma while I grew up.   I am so glad my girls will have those cherished memories as well.

Corinne, Burke & girls visit June 2010 001

 

Celebrating the “Fourth” of July

(on Saturday)

It is Johnson Family Tradition to attend the Granite Days Parade.  It is the cutest parade because all the members of the small community decorate their bikes, trailers, four wheelers , horses and tractors and parade them down the street.  It was a special honor this year for our family to participate in the parade.  Burkes father owned a tractor that his younger brother Dan inherited after Leo’s passing to ALS seven years ago this December.  He has worked tirelessly to gather the parts needed to repair the tractor.  We helped the kids decorate it and Burke drove it in the parade towing a trailer full of grandkids.  Leo was a great patriot and I know he was smiling down on us as we celebrated the birth of our our country’s freedom and honored his memory. 

001 002  004 005 006 007 008 009

We had a fabulous BBQ at my parents house that evening.  My Dad made his famous smoked ribs and they lived up to their reputation.

 279

We hung out and played Guitar Hero until the sun started to set.

280

Fireworks are illegal in MA so it was a real treat for the girls to play with sparklers and enjoy a firework show.

282 283 285 290 298

Burke was our fire master and he set up a display that had the kids in awe. 

299

303 305

Fireworks were a fitting end for our trip to UT.

3 comments:

Jennie Fife said...

We had so much fun while you were here! I love the pictures. You did better than me, I didn't take any. I will try to remember to get on Mom's computer and send you ones that she took. I love the line up at the zoo and the sparkler pictures taken in full day light.

Heidi gail walls said...

You all always have so much fun.

Jesse said...

I love Jennah's hair at shoulder length - it looks really cute! Great talking the other night - definitely we'll have to do that once a month or so. :) Looks like a lot of fun. I was impressed that amidst your cross country trip you had access to red, white and blue clothes for all of you!